The BEPS International School was established in a leafy corner of Brussels in 1972.
The school currently welcomes students from 2 ½ to 17 years old.
BEPS International School is a family orientated school with a strong sense of community. All staff, teaching and non-teaching, are dedicated and provide students with exciting learning opportunities.
BEPS International School is committed to providing high quality education and developing a love of learning in its students. They are encouraged to become confident, independent learners and global citizens.
BEPS friendly and welcoming community offers a safe, caring and stimulating environment, in which students are challenged to reach their full potential not only academically but also emotionally, socially and personally.
BEPS International School
23 Avenue Franklin Roosevelt, 1050 Brussels
Phone: +32 (0) 2 648 43 11
General Informations – BEPS International School
- Age : 2 years ½ to 17 years
- Sections : Preschool, Primary and Secondary
- Language of instruction : English
- Curriculum : International Baccalaureate Programme (IB)
- Diploma : International Baccalaureate Diploma*
- Number of pupils/stude
- nts in the school: About 270 pupils/students
- Native language teachers : Most of them
- Uniform required : No, uniform is not required
- Average class size : 15 pupils/students per class
- Optional extra language : French
- Extracurricular activities : Music, ICT, swimming lessons
- School Bus : Yes, school transport can be organised
*The IB Diploma is globally recognised by international and Belgian universities.
Education Phases – BEPS International School
BEPS is committed to excellence in education and the personal growth of every student.
- Early Years for students aged 2 ½ to 5 in Toddlers, Pre-School and Reception classes
- Lower School Primary for students aged 5 to 7 in Year 1 to Year 2
- Upper School Primary for students aged 7 to 11 in Year 3 to Year 6
- Secondary School MYP 1 – MYP 5 for students aged 11 to 16
- Secondary School IB DP/IB CP for students aged 16 to 17
Curriculum – BEPS International School
THE EARLY YEARS PROGRAMME
In the Early Years (Toddlers, Pre-School, Reception) children develop their love of learning, their curiosity and their confidence. This first school experience will introduce them to their life-long learning journey. Therefore, BEPS want to provide children with the best start possible.
Each child arrives with their own personality and will develop their learning at their own pace. To achieve this, BEPS is proud to be one of the first schools to adopt the International Early Years Curriculum (IEYC). The IEYC is an innovative research-based curriculum, recognising the best international practice and the developmental needs of 2-5 year olds.
THE PRIMARY PROGRAMME
At BEPS, the students in the Primary classes (Year 1 – Year 6) learn through the National Curriculum strategy from England for Literacy and Numeracy, and the International Primary Curriculum (IPC) for all the other subjects.
The IPC offers a cross curricular approach with a clear process of learning and specific goals for History, Science, Geography, the Arts, P.E. Technology and ICT. It provides rigour and high levels of engagement whilst promoting international mindedness and personal development.
French, Music, PE and ICT are taught by specialist teachers.
THE SECONDARY PROGRAMME
BEPS Secondary is an English medium, inquiry driven learning environment where students are connected to their home and host country language and culture.
The school offers an inquiry-based learning approach through the Middle Years Programme from the International Baccalaureate® (IB), the IB Diploma Programme and the IB Career Related Programme. In an environment of adaptable, tailor-made, differentiated education, students mature into those who can make a positive difference.
AFTER SCHOOL ACTIVITIES
We believe in well-balanced children. Therefore, our after-school clubs offer a diversity of activities so that every child can blossom. Children join clubs on a termly basis and have a range to choose from. These include activities such as:
- Sports: Football, Judo, Yoga, Mini basket, Self-defense etc.
- Arts: Art and Craft, Ukulele, Drama, Storytime, Puppet Theatre
- Other: Cooking Club, Discovering Nature
- The school also offers a lunchtime choir
The Breakfast Club welcomes children from 08.00 to 08.30 each morning. The Garderie looks after the children after school every day. Allo Minibus provides door to door transportation.
Last News at BEPS International School
BEPS International School announces its expansion by entering into an agreement to acquire the building of Lycee Moliere. The site is attached to the BEPS Primary School building. This will allow the growing BEPS …
In the last week of November 2019, BEPS International School and Professional Women International (PWI) Brussels launched a new partnership to promote and consider how we teach Science, Technology, Engineering, Arts (including Design)…
> TUITION FEES: Fees and Prices BEPS International School
> SPECIFICATIONS: International Bilingual School Brussels, International Kindergarten/Nursery/Preschool Brussels, International Primary School Brussels
> HOME: International Schools of Brussels