Agnes School is an international Catholic school in Brussels offering immersion education in preschool/pre-primary, primary school and secondary school.
Agnes school numbers approximately 350 children and offers bilingual (pre-primary and primary) and trilingual (secondary) education through immersion, either in a French/English or French/Dutch.
The Agnes School nursery, pre-primary and primary school is located in the commune of Etterbeek:
> Rue Louis Hap 143, 1040 Etterbeek, Brussels
The secondary school is located in Woluwe-Saint-Pierre:
> Avenue du Père Damien 31, 1150 Woluwe-Saint-Pierre, Brussels
Email : email@example.com
Telephone : +32 (0)2 736 13 86
General Information – Agnes School
- Age : 2 years to 18 years
- Sections : Nursery/Pre-primary, Primary school, Secondary school
- Language of instruction : French/English or French/Dutch
- Curriculum : Official Belgian French and Dutch, English curriculum + International Baccalaureate at the end of secondary school
- Diploma : CEB diploma (French-speaking education), Cambridge certificate, interdiocesan exams (Flemish community), CE1D, CE2D and International Baccalaureate
- Number of pupils/students in the school : Approximately 350 pupils
- Native language teachers : Yes
- Uniform required : Yes
- Average class size : 8 to 12 pupils
- optional extra languages : French, English and Dutch
- Extracurricular activities : Yes, large range of activities
- School Bus : No school bus, but plenty of public transport nearby
Education Cycles – Agnes School
The school provides education at the PRE-PRIMARY, PRIMARY and SECONDARY levels:
- NURSERY+PRE-PRIMARY : 20 months to 6 years old.
- PRIMARY SCHOOL : rom 6 to 12 years old.
- SECONDARY SCHOOL : 12 to 18 years old.
Curriculum – Agnes School
THE PRE-PRIMARY PROGRAM
Agnes school welcomes children from the age of 20 months as of 1 September.
At this age, the school offers many activities (psychomotricity, musical awakening, group work, graphomotricity, logic games, etc.) aimed at fostering learning in 4 areas: personal, social and emotional development, communication and language, logical thinking and physical development.
From the 1st year in pre-primary, the children benefit from a fully bilingual French-English or French-Dutch daily education.
Agnes school – Nursery and Pre-primary
THE PRIMARY CURRICULUM
In primary school, the curriculum goes beyond the requirements of the official programme. Pupils also receive comprehensive intellectual, artistic, sporting, musical and moral instruction, which are essential for their development as a person.
- In the 1st and 2nd years of primary school, bilingualism is typically taught according to the following scheme
70% Dutch or English (depending on the stream chosen) + 30% French
- In years 3 and 4 of primary school, bilingualism is typically taught according to a new scheme:
50% Dutch or English + 50% French
- In primary years 5 and 6, bilingualism is typically taught according to a new scheme:
30% Dutch or English + 70% French
At the end of primary school, most pupils take at least two examinations from among the CEB (French-speaking education), the Cambridge certificate and the inter-diocesan examinations (Flemish community).
The success rate for the school’s pupils in these exams is usually 100%.
Moreover, the students come out of these exams with a glow and a thirst for learning that makes them eager to enter secondary school!
THE SECONDARY CURRICULUM
As a continuation of the pre-primary and primary school, Agnes school has been offering secondary education since 2022.
For the 2023-2024 school year, enrolment is therefore open for the 1st and 2nd year.
In secondary school, the pedagogical project aims at the academic and human excellence of its students.
A trilingual curriculum is offered. In secondary 2 and 4, students will take the CE1D and CE2D, to allow for bridges to and from Belgian education.
At the end of the 6 years, the diploma aimed at is the IB, the Geneva International Baccalaureate.
Agnes school – Secondary school
Extracurricular – Agnes school
More than 15 extracurricular activities are offered during the lunch break and after school, some of which are in foreign languages (NL or EN): football, judo, dance, psychomotor skills, music, singing, creative workshops, etc.
School fees – Agnes school
More information about school fees at Agnes school HERE