The British Junior Academy of Brussels is a familiar name in the international school landscape in Brussels and beyond. For nearly 25 years, the school in Etterbeek has built a solid reputation for high quality British-style education in a small and friendly environment and is now expanding its curriculum to offer places to children up to age 14.
British Junior Academy of Brussels
Address : Boulevard Saint-Michel 83, 1040 Brussels
Email : firstname.lastname@example.org
Phone : +32 (0)2 732 53 76
General Informations – British Junior Academy of Brussels
- Age : 3 years to 14 years
- Sections : Preschool and Primary
- Language of instruction : English
- Curriculum : British Curriculum
- Diploma : Primary British Diploma
- Number of pupils/students in the school : About 170 pupils/students
- Native language teachers : Yes
- Uniform required : Yes, uniform is required
- Average class size : 14 pupils/students per class
- Optional extra languages : French
- Extracurricular activities : Yes
- School Bus : Yes
Education Cycles – British Junior Academy of Brussels
The curriculum follows the British phases:
- The Early Years Foundation Stage (EYFS): Pre-Kindergarten, Kindergarten and Reception (ages 3-5)
- The Lower School – Key Stage 1: Years 1 and 2 (ages 5-7)
- The Lower School – Key Stage 2: Years 3 and 4 (ages 7-9)
- The Prep School: Years 5 and 8 (ages 9 – 13)
Curriculum – British Junior Academy of Brussels
BJAB follows the National Curriculum for England with adaptations for an international school. The curriculum is taught in English by UK qualified and experienced teachers. Specialist teaching is given to children for whom English is not their first language (English as an additional language).
Children are taught by a creative teaching staff who encourage them to love life and learning. The parents’ participation adds to the strong sense of community and high standards of behaviour and academic achievement.
The Independent School Inspectorate rates BJAB as “Excellent” in all categories. The school possesses Ofsted’s British Schools Overseas accreditation.
These last years, 100% of Year 6 pupils achieved level 4 and most achieve level 5 and even level 6 in Reading, Writing, Maths and Science.
French at BJAB is taught by French native speakers and pupils are fully immersed into the French language within the classroom. The key objective is to develop pupils who are able to read and write independently and speak with confidence and fluency.
Extracurricular – British Junior Academy of Brussels
Variety of extracurricular activities are organised after the teaching day and during the holidays : drama, music, dance, ballet, football, art, textile crafts, Latin, gardening, etc. Educational school trips are also organised by the school.
School fees – British Junior Academy of Brussels
Tuitions fees are available HERE
Contact – British Junior Academy of Brussels
The admission process begins with an interview with Mrs White, Headteacher, after which a place at the BJAB may be offered. When an interview in person is not possible, an interview may be held via telephone or Skype.
> TUITION FEES: Fees and Prices British Junior Academy of Brussels
> SPECIFICATIONS: International Kindergarten/Nursery/Preschool Brussels, International Primary School Brussels, International British School Brussels
> HOME: International Schools of Brussels