Montessori Kids is a bilingual French/English school for children from 18 months to 12 years old. Located in Lasne (30km from Brussels), in rural and green surroundings, the school provides a Montessori method of education since 1999.
Classes by age groups – Montessori Kids school
The school consists of 4 classes by age groups :
- A class for welcoming children from 18 months to 3 years old
- A second class for children from 3 to 6 years old
- A third class for children from 6 to 9 years old
- And a fourth class of children aged from 9 to 12 years old
Each classroom is looking out onto a large garden with play equipment and a vegetable plot.
The way these groups are organised allows the children to progress in a setting where a serene educative atmosphere reigns, soothingly based on cooperation rather that competition.
Montessori Philosophy of Education – Montessori Kids school
Montessori Kids school provides a Montessori method of education. This method encourages children to explore their world, make creative choices in their learning, work in groups and individually in order to discover and explore knowledge of the world and to develop their maximum potential. Montessori classrooms are designed to meet the developmental needs of each child in every stage of life.
As everything is at their height, children can more easily build themselves mentally, intellectually and physically with respect and respect for others.
Bilingual education English / French – Montessori Kids school
Montessori Kids school offers a bilingual education; those languages being English and French.
In each class there is a minimum of two Montessori teachers, one French-speaking and one English-speaking, both speaking in their respective mother tongue. In this way the children bathed all day long in a bilingual environment. This gives each child the opportunity to learn and work on new concepts equally well in English as in French.
Activities – Montessori Kids school
- Rhythm and Expression : through music and rhythm, the child learns to listen, to respond, and to control his neuromuscular reactions.
- Swimming : this activity is organised for children from 3-6 years on Wednesday afternoons. The lessons help children to feel at ease in the water, and to learn the basic swimming movements.
- Psychomotricity : children, through play and by the intervention of the psychomotor teacher with the child or the framework set during the session, will live through a series of motor experiences. Not only this, but they will live through relational experiences, allowing them to express their emotions, to control them, and to be conscious of themselves and others.
- Theatre : this activity is organised for children from 6-12 years. The theatre approach enables a child to grow using free expression towards a better understanding of themselves.
> SPECIFICATIONS: Montessori School Brussels, International Kindergarten/Nursery/Preschool Brussels, International Primary School Brussels
> HOME : International Schools Brussels